Geelong Gallery, one of Australia’s leading and oldest regional art galleries, is a valuable learning resource for all students and educators. From iconic colonial masterpieces to compelling contemporary works, the Geelong Gallery’s nationally significant collection comprises Australian and international paintings, works on paper, sculpture, decorative arts and new media. We also present a vibrant program of exhibitions each year along with a diverse mix of lifelong learning experiences.
School visits may be self-guided or with Gallery Educator, Gail Frost, and can be tailored to meet the needs of individual schools in regard to length, level and content.
Activities linked to the exhibition program include
- General introductory tours of the Gallery
- Tours with cross-curricula interpretations
- Tours with a specific focus ie. history of the region, national identity
- Floortalks by artists and curators participating in the exhibition program
- Hands on activities—creating, making and responding to art
- Studies of Asia and Australia’s place in the region
- Professional development for educators
- Educator previews of exhibitions
- Art without borders—free to loan learning boxes for classroom use
To keep in touch with the Gallery’s activities, subscribe to the Education e-Bulletin or contact—