The opportunity exists for motivated and reliable people
to join Geelong Gallery’s team
of volunteers and assist the
Gallery staff in a number
of ways including front of
house, library, administrative assistance, exhibition openings and other events.
Voluntary Guides program
The Gallery requires dedicated, well-informed voluntary Guides, who enjoy interacting with the public and promoting the role of the Gallery and its collection.
Trainee Guides are selected by interview. The Gallery holds monthly Guide meetings where ongoing training is provided. Guided tours, presented by the Gallery Guides, are held every Saturday and on request throughout the week.
The Gallery provides voluntary Guides with:
- Free membership to the Geelong Gallery
- Access to the Gallery’s library
- A monthly meeting of the voluntary Guides to foster discussion
- An ongoing training program
- Additional training for major visiting exhibitions
- Membership to the AAGGO (Association of Australian Gallery Guiding Organisations).
For further information about volunteering at the Geelong Gallery, please contact—