Video Resource: Deanne Gilson—an artist’s practice
Learn more about proud Wadawurrung artist and educator Deanne Gilson’s arts practice, and how her work is inspired by her personal connection to Country.
This video resource provides further opportunities to embed the cross-curriculum priority of Learning about Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories and cultures.
Victorian Curriculum Level 4– 6 The Arts (Visual arts) cross-curriculum priority learning about Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories and culture
• Analyse and interpret themes, concepts and ideas in artworks included in the resource and discuss how they are expressed
• Discuss how artists use different materials, techniques, technologies and processes to realise the intentions in their artworks
• Discuss important influences on artist style and art making
• Identify and connect specific aspects of different artists work to a wider historical, cultural and social context.
• Identify and connect specific features of visual artworks from different cultures, historical and contemporary times, including artworks by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
This program is supported by the Department of Education and Training Strategic Partnership Program